November is always a busy (read: crazy) month for us. Our two oldest both have birthday’s a week apart and shortly after is Thanksgiving, which means a lot of planning and baking and eating of pies. This is only one of the reason’s why I haven’t taken the time to write on here this past week. Instead, let’s talk about what’s been going on in a list format.
- I’ve been in the midst of potty training our youngest this week. Thankfully – and unexpectedly – it was much easier than when I potty trained our oldest daughter. Now the majority of accident cleaning is in the past – praise God!
- My son’s birthday is Monday and I’m planning to bake this funfetti cake with an italian meringue buttercream. Is it weird to get so excited about the various ways to make frosting?
- A week after my son’s birthday is my oldest daughter’s. Last year we threw Elijah an ice cream birthday party so it’s Eliana’s turn this year. She was torn between a purple elephant party and a zebra party. We’re going with the latter.
- We are finally finding some normalcy after the chaos of construction. We still have some baseboards and window sills to touch up and some landscaping to do outside but the major things are completed – yesss!
- My pregnancy nesting hormones are kicking in and because of the need for order after construction, it’s a perfect time to nest. I shared four tips for decluttering at Live Simply, you can read it here.